Ever happened, you are trying to remember a song but not able to do so because you only remember its music or few words its lyrics? In such a situation, you start wondering “What song is this”, and how can I find it on the internet just by knowing a few words and lines about its lyrics. If you are also having the habit of falling into such a situation, then this post is specially written for you.
In this post, we will tell you 6 different ways using which you can identify any song online, that you were listening to some time ago but only remember its music or few words from it.
How To Identify What Song Is This?
Nowadays, watching Instagram reveals Snapchat stories, YouTube streams, and Facebook stories, which have become the main source of entertainment and killing free time. It might have happened with you many times that while going through any of these social media platforms, you have heard a particular song, and want to find the full song on the internet, but unable to do so because you only know few words from that song. If you have also been a part of such a situation, then keep reading.
The easiest way to identify a song online is to ask the person who has uploaded that song, but in any case, if this method doesn’t work, you can try the other workarounds that we are going to mention down below. These are some of the best ways via which you can identify any song online. The apps and website mentioned below are the best answer to your question, “What song is this”?
1. Use Google Assistant
Google assistant is an amazing feature launched by Google that can help you with a lot of things, especially in finding or identifying a song that is played nearby. Just follow the below-mentioned steps to find out how you can use Google assistance in identifying your song.
- Press on the Google mic option present on your home page to open Google Assistant.
- Once the Google assistant is open, click on “Search for a song”, and after that take your device near to the music source.
- Google Assistant will listen to that song carefully and will take 10 – 15 seconds to recognize it. 90% of the time Google Assistant writes a song.
This method will fail only when you try to find out a song that has recently been released, like 1-2 days ago.
2. Ask Siri To Recognize The Song
Just like Google Assistant, Siri is also an excellent example of artificial intelligence that can help you in easing your problems. To make Siri recognize a particular song or tune, take Siri to the music source, ask questions like, “What song is this”, “Recognise the tune”. Siri will take some time to do this searching. And after some time it will give you an exact result, the name of the song that you were in search of.
3. Use Shazam
Shazam is an amazing app designed especially for identifying different songs by listening to its few words or music. This app is developed by Apple, but luckily it is also compatible with Android, Windows, watchOS, and tvOS. Just follow the below-mentioned steps to find out a particular song via Shazam.
- First of all download the app from the below-mentioned link.
- Open the app and click on “tap to Shazam”.
- Now take your device near to the music source, the app will take few seconds to recognize the song.
Once Shazam has recognized the song it will also give you the options like “play the full song”.
4. AHA Music
Just like Shazam, AHA Music is also a platform designed especially for identifying songs. Follow the below-mentioned steps to find out how you can recognize any song via AHA Music.
- First of all, visit the website of AHA Music.
- Click on the record option, and then take your device near to the music source.
- The website will take 10 seconds to recognize the song, and after that, it will give you an accurate result.
Daily, you can use this website only 10 times. You have to take the subscription if you want to use this website further. You can even download its Chrome extension if you have a regular habit of forgetting the name of songs.
SoundHound is an amazing platform is designed especially for identifying songs. Here’s what you need to do for using this platform. By the way, it’s available for both Android and IOS.
- As usual, first of all, download the app from the below-mentioned link.
- Click on ” Tap to discover music around you”, and after that take your device near to the music source.
- It will take some time to discover the song, but most importantly it will give you an accurate result.
Once the app has to find the song, you can play it via Spotify, YouTube or, try the preview sample.
Very similar to SoundHound in terms of interface, Midomi is a must-visit platform if you want to identify your song. Here’s a step-by-step guide to using this platform.
- Visit the official website of Midomi. And click on “Tap to identify music or sing/hum”.
- Now bring the music source near to your device, it will take some time to recognize the song.
According to our result, Midomi took the most time to find out the song that we are searching for. Other than this, it is a go-to platform for identifying songs.
It’s irritating when we don’t know the lyrics and name of the song that we are looking for. In such a case, apps, and websites mentioned in this post help in identifying those songs. If you are aware of any other platform that helps in doing the same, share it in the comment section. Also, don’t forget to leave your feedback and suggestions regarding this post in the comments.