In today’s post, we will discuss, “Is Driver Easy safe for your system or not”. Driver Easy is one of the most popular names in the market of third-party driver updating tools. Using this tool you can easily download the latest updates for your drivers. And updated drivers make sure that you achieve the maximum performance of your system. But the question that may strike in the mind of some people is whether using Driver Easy is safe for their system or not?
And if you are among those people, then worry not as we are going to answer this question. We will also take a brief look at all the pros and cons of Driver Easy.
What Is Driver Easy?
Driver Easy is a driver updating tool that you can use for updating all the outdated drivers. It is compatible with almost all the versions of Windows on both 32bit and 64bit systems.
Its main job is to look for all the outdated drivers installed on your system, and then use the internet to suggest to you their latest updates. But the question that might arise in your mind is, is Driver Easy safe, or is it virus-free? Keep reading the article to find out its answer.
Is Driver Easy Safe For Your System?
The direct answer to this question is, “Yes“. Driver Easy is completely a safe program that you can install on your system for updating drivers. It’s always a good practice to be very careful about the safety of a computer, otherwise, this is a great chance that your system might get affected by harmful viruses and malware.
With more than 9 billion drivers in its database, Driver Easy is definitely a trustable platform. It just not only updates your outdated drivers but also gives brief information about the latest updates of every driver. And all that information is a pretty handful for increasing knowledge about drivers.
1. Is Driver Easy Going To Affect The Performance Of PC?
Again, the direct answer to this question is, “No” it’s definitely not going to affect the performance of your PC. The only job of this program is to detect all the outdated drivers and suggest updates.
And for this purpose, Driver Easy consumes a very minimal CPU memory, i.e, less than 20%. Therefore, you should not worry that the performance of your system will be degraded after the installation of Driver Easy.
Installation Of Driver Easy
If you are facing lags on your computer or your files are not responding correctly, then in such a situation, the first thing you can do is to check whether all your drivers are updated or not. And for checking this you can use Driver Easy. But from where can it be downloaded and installed? So, let’s answer this question.
- Click the link for going to the official website of Driver Easy.
- Click on the free trial option if you want to download the free trial. You can also click the “Buy Now” option if you want to buy their pro subscription that costs $29.95/year for 3 PCs. But we suggest you first install their free version and once you are satisfied with their service, then go for the pro version.
- Once you have downloaded the free version, open it and click on Install now.
- After the installation process is complete, click on the Launch now option.
- Click on Scan now to find out all the outdated drivers.
Now you can click the “Update” option one by one for updating the drivers.
1. Things We Like About Driver Easy
Every program has its own pros and cons. And in this section, we will look at all the pros of installing Driver Easy on your system.
- Driver Easy doesn’t promote any virus or Malware.
- It’s a free tool that you can use for updating your outdated drivers.
- The process is very simple, just click on “Scan now” to find out all the updated drivers.
- You don’t even need to be connected to the internet for using this program.
- All the updates will be downloaded from the official website of the respective drivers.
- Lastly, the driver easy also points out all the changes the new update of a driver has in comparison to the old one.
2. Things We Didn’t Like About Driver Easy
As mentioned earlier, it’s almost impossible to develop a program that doesn’t have any cons, and Driver Easy is no special. So let’s take a look at all the things we didn’t like about Driver Easy.
Note: All the points that we are going to mention down below are our personal thoughts. It can differ from person to person.
- The most disappointing thing that we find in the trial version of driver easy is the slow downloading speed. Even though I had a very good internet connection, it still provided me with a download speed of around “50-80kbps“. If you want a good download speed you need to buy their Pro subscription.
- You will have to update drivers one by one, i.e, manual updates. And if you want the drivers to get updated automatically, you will have to again by the pro subscription.
- As you can guess by now, you will have to buy the pro subscription for enjoying all the premium services of Driver Easy.
We hope that by now all your doubts regarding the credibility of Driver Easy would have been cleared. If you ignore the few cons that we have mentioned above, then trust us, Driver Easy is the best driver updating tool present in the market. So that’s all for this post, if you have any doubt or feedback, then don’t hesitate to post it down in the comment section.