You should always know the specifications of your PC. Why? Well, most problems come because of the worn-out components of the computer. And this may result in slowing down the performance of your computer. Hence, before an upgrade, you should have complete knowledge about the RAM, Processor speed, Storage availability, etc. So, here is how to check PC specs on Windows.
You will also get to know about some generalized steps required to check the specifications of your PC without any struggle.
How To Check PC Specs On Windows Computer?
There are several reasons to know about your PC specs. From putting up an ad for sale to upgrading your PC to a gaming PC and many more reasons. And all this work will require accurate knowledge of your computer.
As a matter of fact, checking your PC specs is not that of a troublesome task. All it requires is to follow some steps to get the specifications of your computer.
1. Through Settings
The most common and easy approach to check PC specs on Windows can be done by going through the Settings.
- Go to Start → Settings. Once you click on the Settings tab you will be directed on its screen.
- Click on Systems and then go to About.
Here, the device specifications will give you knowledge about the device name, processor, RAM, product ID, and much more. Also, the Windows Specification shows Edition, Version, installation date, etc.
2. Using Command Prompt
By using Command Prompt, you can get the exact info about your PC specs. Through the command-line tool, you can get the actual and detailed description of the PC you use. To know more about it, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Go to Start option and search cmd. Now, right-click on the cmd option and choose Run as Administrator option. This is done to take over the control of the command prompt.
- You can also hold Windows + ‘R‘ key. Type cmd on the RUN window to open the command prompt.
- Type the command systeminfo on the cmd screen and press Enter.
These mere steps will help you to check all the PC specs in detail. It will update you with the info regarding hardware and software used in the device like system architecture, BIOS, RAM, UEFI firmware, etc.
3. Know About Your PC Motherboard
You can check your PC motherboard by just opening-up your PC and look for the model number itself. However, if you don’t understand the terminologies like Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming5, or Asus Z370-A. Here, Gigabyte and Asus are the manufacturers of the motherboard, and Z370, X370 is the chipsets of the motherboard.
Hence, go through a proper procedure then follow these steps to know in brief about the motherboard brands or chipset designated to the PC.
- Go to the Windows icon and search ‘System Information‘ → Enter.
- Select the System Summary where you will find the list of the Motherboard or Baseboard manufacturer, Baseboard Name, and Baseboard Model.
This method will exactly let you know about the Motherboard configuration on your PC. Here, the Baseboard Model will help you if you are looking for an upgrade. However, sometimes you may not get the actual information about the Motherboard or baseboard. It may just display ‘Not Available’. If this happens go with the previous method by opening the PC.
4. Using Device Manager
Through the device manager, you can get in-depth knowledge about the hardware devices used on your PC. Also, by following the below-mentioned steps you can find out about the GPU i.e., Graphics Processing Unit of the System.
- Search Device Manager on the Windows search bar or hold Windows+’X’ to open through the pop-up menu.
- Click Enter and open Device Manager on the screen.
1. To Know About the GPU
- Select the arrow across the Device Adapter. This will let you know about the GPU of your PC.
- Now, right-click on the GPU and select properties.
- Here in the properties, you will find the what GPU your PC has. The GPU listing is very crucial when it comes to upgrading your system for gaming purposes.
2. To Know About Hardware Devices
- Once you open the Device Manager, scroll into the various categories of hardware, and select according to your choice to know about the device.
- For instance, to know about the Processor just double-click on it. This will enable you to access the processor information through its properties. Hence, you can scroll through the list and double-click on the different hardware devices to know about its properties of your PC.
So, here are two different method guide through which you can get the information about the Hardware devices and GPU of the PC.
5. Know About The RAM (Memory) of Your PC
To know about the RAM i.e., the actual memory size of your computer is the easiest task. And to do so follow these steps.
- Go to Windows and type RAM in the search bar.
- Select the View RAM info on the results.
- Here, you will be displayed the amount of RAM installed and about the RAM used as well. All this info resides in the Device Specifications part.
You can also go to Windows and search System in the Search bar. Once you click on the System, it will display the device specification of your device. Here, you can easily locate the installed memory i.e., the RAM size.
Through this guide, we have explained the steps involved in how to check PC specs on Windows. These methods are easy to implement and help you gather up the knowledge on your computer specs. This way you can easily upgrade your PC components to a better version and also build a new and improvised system.