Instagram is considered as one of the coolest social media applications right now when compared to its competitors. Having an account on Instagram keeps you connected with your friends and colleagues. For every account made on Instagram, you are issued a unique username. Your friends can search for you on Instagram using your user name. You can change your Instagram username whenever you want to.
If you are already having an account on Instagram and you want to change your user name. Then this post is surely for you. We are going to guide you step by step regarding how to change the Instagram name. So stick to this post and change your Instagram username safely.
How To Change Instagram Username?
Follow these steps to change Instagram’s username:
- First of all open the Instagram app and when the Instagram page will open.
- Click on your profile that will be available on the right-below corner of the page.
- Then a new page will open in which you can see your number of followers, the number of persons you follow, and your posts on that page, And also there will be an option of Edit Profile just click on that option and it will take you to the new page in which there are various options such as:
- On this page click on the Name and it will give you an edit mode in which you can change your name as per your choice.
Where Problem Can Occur
You need to be careful while changing your name because if you change your name more than twice than it will give you an error message:” You can’t change your name right now because you’ve changed it twice within 14 days. You can however remove your name at any time.”
How to Resolve The Problem
So to resolve the above problem just open the Instagram app and then go to the profile that is the right-below corner of that and then click on the Edit Profile as you have done before. And then try to change your name and when the message will pop-up that is the error message: ”You can’t change your name right now because you’ve changed it twice within 14 days.
So when this pop-up message will show then at the time take a screenshot of that and save that picture(Screenshot is pasted above). And again go to the Instagram page in which the Edit Profile option is available and you can see the three lines vertically aligned on the top-right corner of the page then click on that.
- After clicking you can see various options:
- And at the bottom of these options, there will be Settings then click on that “Settings” option.
- It will take you to the new page with a lot of options available there such as:
- So in the above-given options select Help and it will take you to a new page with various options available:
- Then click on the first option that is Report a Problem and a pop-up will be shown there with various options as:
- Then click on the third option “Report a Problem” and it will provide you the feature of Write your problem and then just write your problem there with submitting the screenshot that you have saved before.
- You can write your Problem as “Sir, my name is XYZ and I made a mistake in a hurry and now I am not able to change my name. So please help me so that I can change my name before 14 days. Thank you”
- And after submitting your Problem message you can change your name approx after 24 hours of submitting your problem message.
You can change your username by clicking the Edit Profile it will give you the options to change your username so click on the “Username” and it will enable you to edit the Username and along with that it will show a green sign that means you can use the name which you have typed but in the case, you type some name and Instagram will not take it and will show a red sign with a message:” Username not available”.
So always be careful while editing the username. And most recommended is using your original name and you can use your surname. And important numbers can attach with the username for uniqueness. And In Username, you can use only letters, numbers, underscores, and periods. If you use another special character rather than the above given then it will show a red sign with a message:” Username can only use letters, numbers, underscores and periods”
We have tried to cover all the steps to change your Instagram time with screenshots for every step. We also have discussed the things you need to care about while changing your Instagram username. If you still have any issue in changing the Instagram username then please contact us in the comments section. We will surely help you there.